“… (Angry Birds) reported that by the end of 2010 it expected to generate $1 million per month from in-app advertising on the Android platform” - Angry Birds Ad Spend
And see that In-Game Ad Spend prediction? We’re at $87M and the prediction of 2015 is $894M, which is about more than 1000% increase in 5 years. Though most predictions about online media were not accurate (people were being too optimistic), it is true we’ve gotten more smartphone users in the US than predicted.
While 54% of 18-34 age group doesn’t like in-app ads, the other 46% says they don’t mind. Well, I hope developers wouldn’t develop their apps just for the ad revenue they think that they’d get…. Only popular or/and well-established apps are worth buying ads from.
Very informative infographic. It also raises a few questions that I have in mind:
1. The current (future) possible major players: Google Wallet, Visa Wallet, ISIS, and serve by AE, will they ALL still be around by 2015?
2. Knowing that each of them serve have their own different target group, would merchants and users see the platform collaboration as a big problem?
3. Google Wallet, ISIS and Visa Wallet all use NFC. Does that mean serve by AE would probably the first one to get kicked out from the marketplace? not to mention it only serves AE cardholders too and it’s probably not likely to change
Source: Mashable The Future of Mobile Payments